The Parks & Recreation Board oversees the Parks & Recreation Department. The City employs one full-time employee Jason Skaggs plus several part-time seasonal employees.
The Department is responsible for maintenance and upkeep of six ball fields, and four parks which includes five shelter houses, and supervision and maintenance of the Bloomfield Swimming Pool. The Parks & Recreation Board hosts Bass Tournaments at Lake Fisher every year on Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Lake Fisher Camping
There are six sites available with electric hookup for $10 a day and tent sites for $5 a day.
Rules and Regulations
1. Campers must self register before occupying site.
2. No reserving campsites. All sites are available on a first come, first serve basis.
3. Camp fees are to be paid for each night of campsite use. Checkout time is 2:00 pm. Rates are posted at registration booth.
4. ONLY ONE CAMPING UNIT PERMITTED PER SITE. Camping units must be set up or adjacent to the rock pad. One tent housing children eighteen years and under may be erected at the same pad as paying adult's unit at no charge. Maximum number of six adults per pad. Up to ten people allowed including minor children.
5. No one under the age of 18 shall be allowed to camp at any city area unless that person is accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the entire night(s) that the camp is occupied. Unsupervised minors allowed only with permit issued in advance by park director or his representative. Permits not required for legitimate youth organizations (e.g. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H, Church Groups) with adult supervision.
6. One picnic table per site. Do not move tables or use tables from unoccupied site. Group picnics or reunions involving unregistered campers of guests shall use an unoccupied picnic shelter.
7. No person shall camp in any city area in excess of 10 days out of 30 without permission of the director of his representative.
8. Campground is closed from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am except for registered campers. It is the responsibility of the registered camper to see that all visitors to his/her site are out of the park by closing time.
9. Pets must be on a leash and not running at large. Pet owners are responsible for sanitary disposal of pet wastes.
10. Fireworks/Firearms and/or possession are prohibited at Lake Fisher.
11. Fires are restricted to designated fire rings and grills only. Do not burn garbage.
12. ONLY DOWN AND DEAD timber may be gathered for firewood. Cutting live trees and shrubs is an act of vandalism and that will be prosecuted.
13. Keg beer is prohibited at Lake Fisher Access.
14. Quiet Hours are from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am. Noise must be kept to an acceptable level to park users at all times.
15. No littering.
16. Swimming in Lake Fisher prohibited.
17. Extra vehicles and visitor parking allowed only in parking lots. Parking in the roadway is prohibited.
18. NO CASH REFUNDS for camping fees. Credit for a paid night may be given after written request indicating date, amount, and situation is submitted to and approved by the Parks and Rec. director. Camp fee credit must be used during camping season in which fee was originally paid.
Parks & Rec
111 West Franklin Street
Bloomfield, Iowa 52537
Phone: (641)664-2260, ext. 23